To prevent crazing of concrete, follow the steps below:
- Use moderate slump (3-5 inches) concrete with reduced bleeding characteristics.
- Follow recommended practices and timing, based on concrete setting characteristics, for placing and finishing operations:
- Avoid excessive manipulation of the surface, which can depress the coarse aggregate, increase the cement paste at the surface, or increase the water-cement ratio at the surface.
- DO NOT finish concrete before the concrete has completed bleeding (look for the presence of a water sheen on the surface). DO NOT dust any cement onto the surface to absorb bleed water. DO NOT sprinkle water on the surface while finishing concrete.
- Cure properly as soon as finishing has been completed