Follow These Rules to Minimize Plastic Shrinkage Cracking
- Dampen the subgrade and forms when conditions for high evaporation rates exist.
- Prevent excessive surface moisture evaporation by providing fog sprays and erecting windbreaks.
- Cover concrete with wet burlap or polyethylene sheets between finishing operations.
- Use cooler concrete in hot weather and avoid excessively high concrete temperatures in cold weather.
- Cure properly as soon as finishing has been completed.
Click the link to learn more about Shrinkage in Concrete