Loads on Falsework<
Loads on Falsework are any combinations of the following:
- Dead loads,
- Imposed loads,
- Environmental loads,
- Incidental loads during erection and operation, and
- Lateral pressure
Differential Load Data
- Self load shall be determined by either actual measurement or in accordance with IS 875 (Part I) the unit weight of wet concrete including reinforcement shall be taken as 26 kN/m². However, in absence of the data, load may be assumed as 500 N/M2 for the purpose of initial calculations .
- Loads during constructional operation shall constitute the imposed loads [see IS 875 (Part 2 ) Where allowance has only to be made for access and inspection purposes, a loading of 750 N/m² should be adequate
- The lateral pressure due to fresh concrete depends on the temperature of concrete as placed, the rate of placing of concrete and the concrete mix proportion
- Wind loads should be taken for design in accordance with IS 875 (Part 3 ) subject to a minimum horizontal load equal to 3 percent of the vertical loads at critical level.
- Snow loads should be assumed in accordance with IS 875(4) . The maximum density of ice may be assumed to be 900 kg/m³.