Triangulation is a way of determining something's location using the locations of other things.
Applications of Triangulation
- The establishment of accurately located control points for surveys of large.
- The accurate location of indirection work such as:
- Centre lines, terminal pts shafts for long tunnels
- Centers lines and abutment for bridges of longs spans.
- Complex highway interchanges.
- The establishment of accurately located control points in connection with aerial surveying.
- Measurement of deformation of structure such as dams.
- Used by geologists to find the location of earthquakes
- Triangulation is preferred for hills and undulating areas as it is easy to establish stations with inter-visibility
- Establishing accurately located control points for plane and geodetic surveys of large areas.
- Establishing accurately located control points in connection with aerial surveying
- Accurate location of engineering projects such as Centre lines, terminal points and shafts for long tunnels, and Centre lines and abutments for long span bridges.
Let us know in the comments what you think about the concepts in this article!